College Podcast: Recapping NCAA Baseball Week 8
On this episode of the Baseball America College Podcast, presented by Rapsodo, Teddy Cahill and Joe Healy recap the eighth weekend of action around college baseball.
Powered by RedCircle
Want more podcasts like this one? Subscribe below!
Among the topics they discuss on this episode are:
- The marquee results in the SEC, which included top-ranked Arkansas going on the road and taking a series against Mississippi, capped by a wild 18-14 victory on Sunday. Tennessee also made a big statement in winning a series against Florida, and Georgia made a splash by handing Vanderbilt its first series loss of the season.
- The status of the Big 12 after Texas Tech held serve at home by winning a series against Texas Christian. At this point, it seems like a four-team race between Texas, Texas Tech, TCU and Oklahoma State, with the Longhorns and Red Raiders looking like the current favorites for the conference crown.
- The Pac-12 race, which took on a different shape after a weekend that saw Oregon sweep rival Oregon State and Stanford win a series with UCLA. The Ducks and Cardinal are tied atop the conference standings at 6-3, with probably the best team in the league, Arizona, in a three-way tie a half-game back at 7-5 with Oregon State and Arizona State.
- The ACC beginning to take shape. Louisville continues to play well despite some injury issues on the mound, this time by taking a series against Florida State. Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech also all had successful weekends, further proving that those three teams are for real.
- Michigan winning a series against rival Ohio State. That gives the Wolverines their best weekend result of the season and solidifies their place alongside Nebraska as the favorites in the Big Ten. Through six weeks of Big Ten play, it seems clear that there just isn't going to be very much separation in the standings.